Certifying a state-of-the-art public hospital in WA.
Following the 2004 Reid Report, the WA Government invested $2.2b to build the Fiona Stanley Hospital named after eminent doctor and Australian of the Year Professor Fiona Stanley AC. At the time of its development, Fiona Stanley Hospital was the single largest infrastructure building program undertaken in the state.
The hospital provides 783 beds and houses a range of acute medical and surgical services including a comprehensive cancer centre, medical oncology and haematology, renal transplantation and dialysis, paediatric, obstetric and neonatal services.
The APP Group in partnership with Arcadis provided Independent Certification services to the Fiona Stanley Hospital project. The role covered certifying that the construction was carried out in accordance with the contract requirements, inspecting for defects, reviewing documentation, and issuing the certificate of Practical Completion.
Fiona Stanley Hospital won multiple awards including:
- 2014 Master Builders-Bankwest Excellence in Construction awards for Best Project
- Best State Government Building
- Best Healthcare Building in its category
- AIA WA The Wallace Greenham Award for Sustainable Architecture 2014
- AIA WA Urban Design Commendation.