Award-winning hospital upgrade and expansion
The population at Robina on the Gold Coast is growing rapidly. To meet the expected increase in demand for health services, Queensland Health realised that Robina Hospital would need significant upgrade and expansion, including:
- New emergency, ICU, renal dialysis, medical records, operating theatres and outpatients departments
- The full refurbishment of medical imaging, pharmacy and pathology departments and peri-operative suites
- A new 500-space multi-deck carpark
- An additional 179 beds and associated clinical and non-clinical services.
They also required a new four-level, multi-disciplinary health precinct on the same site, to provide:
- Post-acute care
- Chronic disease management
- Integration between child and youth mental health
- Child health and antenatal and postnatal (midwifery) care.
APP provided a range of project management and construction management services to Robina Hospital for more than 10 years, delivering the capital works projects in several stages.
We managed the complete design, construction and commissioning phase for each project with no disruption to the fully operational facility.
By aligning the program with the budget, we ensured that any savings achieved were redirected to other areas within the project, adding significant value for the client.
These projects won several accolades:
- World Architecture Best Interior Design
- Australian Institute of Architects’ Health Building of the Year
- Arts and Health Australia Award for Excellence in 2011
- World Academy Award for Interior Design.