Comprehensive office refresh
Having signed a lease extension at their Mascot site, Qantas wanted to refresh their office fitout.
APP were appointed as project managers, to provide expertise in:
- Brief development
- Development management
- Business case development
- Design management
- Stakeholder management
- Construction superintendency
- Relocation management
Interrogating the brief
In developing the brief with the executive team we identified that the Qantas executives had aspirations for an office solution that was better aligned to their brand.
To achieve this, we developed a comprehensive office consolidation and redevelopment strategy that resulted in a far better overall solution for Qantas – delivering high-standard corporate accommodation that reflected the airline’s leading position.
Valuable development opportunity
During the strategic planning process for this project, the site was sold by the current landlord to Cromwell Property Group.
On completion the sale Qantas and APP proposed a development opportunity to Cromwell that would:
- Provide a state of the art campus office environment for Qantas
- Satisfy the executives’ aspirational brief
- Achieve financial payback within six years.
The final solution delivered 47,000m2 of flexible, contemporary workspace and provided Qantas with world-class headquarters, incorporating the many unique requirements of an airline business.
Thanks to our big-picture perspective and expert strategic advice, Qantas were able to undertake a consolidation process that:
- Reduced the number of leased buildings housing Qantas corporate functions in Mascot from seven to two
- Delivered an office environment that fostered greater collaboration and corporate pride
- Provided substantial savings across Qantas’ corporate real estate portfolio.