Transforming Western Sydney
Parramatta Park is one of Australia’s most important cultural heritage landscapes and is included in the UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
The park plays a pivotal role in the NSW's Government investment for transforming Parramatta into a second CBD for Sydney, while protecting crucial public green space in the region. This ambitious capital works program is a strategic component of their Western Sydney transformation.
APP was engaged to manage the design and delivery of a number of projects including:
- Infrastructure upgrades for event spaces
- New recreational facilities
- Adaptive reuse of heritage buildings.
The park receives an average of 4,500 visitors daily, so the capital works had to be staged to minimise any disruption to park users.
The park's World Heritage listing and significant Aboriginal heritage value also presented significant challenges. To attain approval, the construction works had to meet an extremely tight delivery program and satisfy stringent Treasury funding requirements.
Integrating seamlessly into the Parramatta Park project team, our project design and delivery experts:
- Managed effective stakeholder and community consultations
- Provided rigorous design management
- Facilitated strategic meetings with the Office of Environment and Heritage to reduce risks in obtaining approvals
- Ensured timely delivery of all projects.