$370M precinct redevelopment
The Pacific Group of Companies invested $370M into the redevelopment of the existing Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre in order to:
- Capitalise on the continued growth of the retail sector
- Attract new international tenants
- Maintain its status as the leading shopping centre within the core catchment area.
Their development objectives included:
- New Myer store over two levels
- New Target store
- More than 120 new shops and kiosks
- New ALDI store
- Fresh food precinct
- External restaurant precinct
- Two Gold Class cinemas
- More than 1,500 new car spaces
- 10-bus interchange
APP was engaged in 2013 to help progress and finalise the design documents to extend the existing centre by more than 35,000sqm. The design featured wide malls, clean finishes, and lots of natural light.
APP also helped develop a staging programme to minimise the impact to the existing trading centre and deliver the project in several stages:
- The new 10-bus interchange (early 2014)
- The new dining and entertainment precinct (June 2015)
- Target and associated specialty stores (August 2015)
- Myer and associated speciality stores (July 2016).
- ALDI and the fresh food precinct (early 2017).
For both an early works package and the main works package, our team successfully managed the preparation of tender documents, tender evaluation, negotiations and contractor appointments.
We also managed the tenancy delivery phase, creating seamless interface between the base build delivery and the tenancy fitouts and ensuring the best possible result when each phase opened to the public.