Grand scale retail transformation
Pacific Fair is the Gold Coast’s largest retail precinct. In response to the population boom across the region, Pacific Fair’s owners initiated a massive $670M transformation program, including:
- demolition or refurbishment of two-thirds of the existing precinct
- expansion of the precinct to approximately 150,000m2.
Challenging operational environment
As a busy trading shopping centre, Pacific Fair provides a highly challenging live operational environment.
The completed development will have more than 420 shops, restaurants, and entertainment destinations under one roof, including:
- two full-line department stores
- comprehensive fashion offer
- luxury branded retail offer
- two supermarkets
- three discount department stores
- dining and bar experience
- indoor/outdoor leisure and entertainment.
Proven expertise in high-quality retail redevelopment
APP had already proven our expertise in contract administration, tenancy coordination and stakeholder management through previous roles on several of AMP Capital’s large-scale, high-quality retail projects across the country.
Recognising our capabilities, AMP engaged us to manage this complex project, which involved:
- adherence to a challenging construction and staging programme
- management of multiple stakeholders
- detailed understanding of more than 50 contract documents covering all facets of the project, including agreements for lease, drawings and specifications, environmental and other technical reports.
In our role as the contract superintendent and owner’s representative for the Pacific Fair development we employed our broad spectrum of expertise, successfully administering the complex design and construction agreement.