Risk management requires a continuous process of monitoring, reviewing and reporting to facilitate the effective management of existing or new project risk beyond the initial risk register. Our approach for managing risk is to facilitate workshops at key project milestones to holistically review the risk register. These workshops monitor and review activities to be undertaken, with the aim of:
- reviewing current key risks
- reviewing risk ratings (particularly post-treatment)
- reviewing risk treatment status/ effectiveness
- adding any emerging/newly identified risks
- closing out (but not deletion) of risks which have expired
APP manages project risks in collaboration with the design team, the client and key project stakeholders to mitigate risk exposure. We prepare and take ownership of the Risk Register at the commencement of a project and monitor this process monthly.
In terms of safety risks, if elimination of a hazard is not possible we consider how to develop risk treatment controls that may reduce the consequence and/or likelihood of the risk occurring. This may be a hierarchy of actions designed to eliminate or reduce the exposure to a hazard.