Healthcare real estate on a global scale
NorthWest HealthCare is a global land and building owner, with an extensive portfolio of major healthcare real estate across markets in Canada, Brazil, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
Epworth Eastern Hospital is the local healthcare facility for the burgeoning area of Box Hill in Melbourne. The hospital is continuously at 100% capacity and requires a significant expansion to meet the rising demand. Additional services it needs include:
- Operating theatres
- Hospital beds
- Consulting suites
The hospital required a $140 million upgrade, and APP was invited to tender by Epworth Healthcare. NorthWest HealthCare appointed our experts to provide strategy, project management and superintendent services.
A strategic solution for a growing demand
The redevelopment will ease pressure on the Epworth Hospital and provide essential healthcare services for the area. APP will play a significant role by providing project management and superintendent expertise for the project.
The project includes constructing a 15-floor tower through the demolition of adjacent apartments. The tower will provide essential extra space for the hospital, housing:
- Five new operating theatres
- Non-clinical and plant levels
- Three levels of inpatient beds
- Seven levels of consulting suites
- A three-level basement carpark
In addition, the hospital itself will be refurbished to provide new:
- Recovery areas
- Emergency department
- Updated pathology and endoscopy facilities
The significant redevelopment of the Epworth Eastern Hospital is the first project APP will deliver for Epworth HealthCare and NorthWest HealthCare.
APP is the strategic project manager for the successful completion of the development. Our specialists are responsible for:
- Leading the consultant team
- Closing out planning permit conditions
- Engaging with the hospital stakeholders
- Developing a robust procurement strategy
- Managing the Head Contractor
- Superintendent of the works