APP was engaged by Western Sydney Parklands to project manage the Plan of Management 2030 which won the Award of Excellence in the Landscape Planning category.
The Plan of Management was prepared by the Trust and adopted last year. It provides the strategic management framework for the Parklands and assists the Western Sydney Parklands Trust in determining its priorities and actions over the coming years.
The Parklands’ 5,280 hectares is divided into 16 precincts within the Plan, each with specific character statements, objectives, land-use opportunities and management priorities.
The Plan outlines a vision and key principals for the Parklands, which are used to shape four strategic directions that govern the Parklands' operation and development:
- Environmental Protection and Land Stewardship
- Creating Recreational and Community Facilities
- Community Participation and Engagement
- Financial Sustainability and Economic Development.
It provides details on the business hubs and other revenue-generating opportunities that secure the long-term, sustainable revenue base required for development, maintenance, programs and activities in the Parklands for the next decade.
In the NSW awards Western Sydney Parklands also won:
- Award of Excellence to Mark Tyrell and Associates in collaboration with the Trust for Southern Parklands Framework in the Parks and Open Space category.
- Award of Excellence to Newscape Design in collaboration with the Trust for Western Sydney Parklands Design Manual in the Land Management category.
Congratulations to Western Sydney Parklands and all involved.