The development is situated on the corner of Bathurst and Castlereagh Streets in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. The corner block is currently occupied by three separate buildings, a combination of older commercial buildings and a 5 storey heritage listed building known as Porter House.
As the Project Manager, APP will oversee a range of elements including:
- Demolition of the site’s existing structures;
- Construction of a 36 storey mixed-use tower (hotel, residential, retail, and commercial) with a 9 storey podium;
- Ground floor commercial, vehicle entrance, residential lobby, hotel lobby reception;
- A boutique hotel from level 1 to level 9 (102 key hotel) including the use of Porter House as the hotel lobby and complementary functions.
- Residential units from level 10 to 34;
- A 3 storey cantilevered steel structure over the heritage Porter House at level 9
- Four level basement car park with a further four (4) levels of mechanical stack parking below (61 cars); and
- Retail (ANZ Bank) on the ground floor.
APP’s project team includes Paul Chapple (Director in Charge), Paul Spinolo (Hotel Advisory) and Joyce Cheung (Design and Delivery Project Manager).
This is an exciting opportunity for APP to add to our recent and current Sydney CBD projects which include Westpac in Barangaroo, 275 Kent Street, and Marsh Mercer in Barangaroo.
The mixed-use development is expected to be completed by 2020.