Project Manager - Open Spaces
As we enter an exciting phase of development we look to appoint an Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager within our highly successful Urban Development and Property division to work on high profile and much anticipated PARKS and OPEN SPACE projects. The role will see you manage the innovative design and delivery of parks/playgrounds, recreational and sporting areas, roads, bridges, tracks and trails and building refurbishments creating beautiful places for the wider community to enjoy.
As our current world evolves, parks, green open spaces and community areas are regarded higher than ever. These projects are not only a sector of growth but also passion, for our Urban Development and Property team. This is an exciting and hugely rewarding opportunity where you will be directly involved in providing ‘legacy space’ for the future generations of Sydney.
Passionate and driven, you thrive working in a team based environment, and embody our core values – to Own it. Strive. Do What’s Right. And Respect.
- A Landscape Architecture, Engineering or Property degree related to a technical field
- 2 years plus post graduate experience in capital works and or any exposure relating to parks and open space, recreation, children’s playgrounds, amenities buildings, roads, tracks, bridges, parklands etc. will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a consultative approach to the way you work
- Working towards the ability to manage, lead and inspire effective project teams dedicated to the delivery of superior results on time and within budget
- Commercial acumen and financial management skills understanding strategic business objectives
- Proactive, self–motivated with the drive and commitment to make the difference to our clients. As the nature of our work is constantly evolving we need people who thrive on change and personal development
Benefits of working for APP include:
- Extensive learning and development program focused on you as an individual professionally and personally to benefit you at APP and beyond
- Flexible working conditions depending on the clients’ needs i.e. broken shifts, late starts/early finish, work from home or various sites etc.
- APP4Me – staff wellness and sustainability program runs diverse and fun initiatives to cater for all
- Partner with key charities to the business and regularly participate in community events, fundraising and assistance where we can make a difference through the skills and expertise we have as a company
- And lots more……
At APP we are committed to employing the best people who are driven to deliver superior results and build enduring relationships for our clients and in the communities we operate. This is your opportunity to work closely with a vibrant team of highly-regarded professionals where you will be mentored, grow and develop working at the frontier of our industry on some of Australia’s most exciting, innovative and prestigious projects.
APP is a leading provider of services to the property and infrastructure industries. With over 420 professional staff across Australia, we add value to projects by combining strong technical experience with commercial acumen and reliable delivery. Our engagements range from providing advice on small niche assignments to the full spectrum of end-to-end services on major landmark projects, and everything in between – Strategy, Definition, Delivery and Transition.
We have some of the best people in the industry, all committed to shaping the future of Australia’s economic and social infrastructure, our communities and our workplaces. In achieving this, we’re a proud trusted partner to many of Australia’s leading businesses.