Our Infrastructure team provides expert independent certification services on most of the major Road and Rail projects across Australia, verifying the D&C contractor meets contract requirements. Our experience means we can add value by assisting the contractor and stakeholders to resolve in advance any design, construction or quality issues that may otherwise impact the successful delivery or ongoing operation and maintenance of the project. We take a proactive approach in our role as the Independent Certifier.
The Role: Project Engineer – Rollingstock modification
The Project Engineer – Rollingstock modification must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the position and the Services and preferably have experience with heavy rail vehicles and 5 to 10 years of experience in the rail industry.
Specific duties may include:
- Carry out surveillance of the Project Works where required in accordance with the Certification and Monitoring Plan. The relevant lead engineers will allocate areas for surveillance
- Attend and witness vehicle testing and commissioning activities
- Review test reports and results.
- Assist in managing the quality records review to ensure compliance and that records are completed correctly
- Where required attend the D&C Contractor’s construction meetings and provide specific feedback to the Independent Certifier’s team
- Manage issues, follow up and close out issues resulting from inspections and surveillance audits
- Review the D&C completion activities
If you are looking to be part of a team of experts and work at the frontier of our industry on some of Australia’s most exciting, innovative and prestigious projects please apply below or call Vicky Hewitt from Appoint for more information.