Our Infrastructure team provides expert independent certification services on most of the major Road and Rail projects across Australia, verifying the D&C contractor meets contract requirements. Our experience means we can add value by assisting the contractor and stakeholders to resolve in advance any design, construction or quality issues that may otherwise impact the successful delivery or ongoing operation and maintenance of the project. We take a proactive approach in our role as the Independent Certifier.
The Role: Project Engineer – Rail Construction
The Project Engineer – Rail Construction must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the position and the Services and have experience in the construction certification of large projects similar to the Project and the Project Activities and at least 10 years of experience in the construction of structures including experience in heavy rail construction.
Specific duties may include:-
- Carry out surveillance of the Project Works where required in accordance with the Certification and Monitoring Plan. The construction manager and relevant lead engineers will allocate areas for surveillance
- Attend where necessary audits or reviews of specific construction processes to ensure the D&C Contractor’s systems have been implemented satisfactorily
- Assist in managing the quality records review to ensure compliance and that records are completed correctly
- Where required attend the D&C Contractor’s construction meetings and provide specific feedback to the Independent Certifier’s construction team
- Assist in reviewing samples of non-conformance reports with the Independent Certifier’s quality manager to assess proposed dispositions the D&C Contractor has elected and effectiveness of the D&C Contractor’s NCR process.
- Manage issues, follow up and close out non-conformance notices and corrective action requests issued as a result of inspections and surveillance audits
- Liaise with the Independent Certifier’s construction support personnel and request assistance when required
- Review and assist the Independent Certifier’s construction team in identifying and pursuing issues related to managing safety and the environment
- Review the D&C completion activities
If you are looking to be part of a team of experts and work at the frontier of our industry on some of Australia’s most exciting, innovative and prestigious projects please apply below or call Vicky Hewitt from Appoint for more information.