Project Director ( Defence ) - Victoria
Project Director (Defence) – Victoria
At APP, our people make the difference, we enjoy growth and partnering with our clients to make them and the communities in which we operate prosper. With over 30 years of experience, APP is one of Australia’s most respected property and infrastructure consultancy firms. Operating an integrated service offering, we support clients across all phases of the asset capital investment lifecycle. Our consultancy advisory services cover the following:
- Project Management
- Property Advisory
- Asset and Portfolio Solutions Advisory
- Infrastructure Advisory
- Risk Management and Auditing
- Transactions and Real Estate
With our Defence and Government pipeline ever growing, we are looking to increase capability with the key appointment of a Project Director to help grow a project team in Victoria focusing on defence.
Key focusses of the role will include:
This opportunity will see you responsible for full life-cycle project management including business case development, feasibility, planning, design and delivery on major projects your role will be varied where you will lead from the front securing and delivering large and complex projects. Business Case Development and Planning phase delivery experience is essential.
- Minimum 15 years experience of project management and the planning and design of Defence projects.
- A tertiary degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Surveying, Building, Planning, Project Management, Construction Management or Property Development.
- Motivated and well networked, with demonstrated ability to win new work, grow business and contribute your knowledge to the broader APP business
- Directly transferable experience in securing and delivering both business case and PMCA (end to end) to the Department of Defence and similar government clients. These experiences would include fostering close client relationships based on personal performance and overseeing teams delivering large, facility projects in excess of $100m.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Manage, lead and inspire effective project teams dedicated to the delivery of superior results and exceeding client expectations
- Previous experience in Defence Planning, Delivery and Government Approvals Processes.
In return for your hard work and dedication to your role and team we can offer a flexible and highly collaborative and positive working environment, excellent flexibility around working hours (early/late starts, reduced hours, working from home days etc to accommodate your family or personal interests), varied, challenging and often creative role as we race to prepare submissions in the exciting world of project management consultancy.
A Rewarding Career:
Our people are our greatest asset and the biggest competitive advantage we have. How we attract, engage, and retain talent is by delivering a great place to work. Our aspiration is to provide an engaging and diverse work environment that is underpinned by a culture of opportunity, growth, excellence, flexibility, and sense of belonging. How we deliver value to our people:
- Strong culture and engagement
- Ongoing focus on safety, health, and wellbeing
- Embedding our purpose and values
- Flexibility that works for you and the business
- Feedback matters
- Education and training programs
- Community support and engagement
- People leadership support and programs
- Annual leave salary sacrificing options
- Staff rewards and incentives
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles at APP, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we will partner with you and assist you through our recruitment process. Learn more: www.app.com.au/careers