Network Administrator – 6 month contract
Reporting to the IT Manager and working within the Infrastructure and Operations Team, the Network Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all network and security infrastructure continuously meets the needs of APP’s evolving information systems and services.
The Network Administrator will install, maintain, and ensure the efficient performance of APP network infrastructure. You will also ensure that documentation covering the configuration, maintenance, fault diagnosis and problem resolution for all network infrastructure is complete, up to date, and readily available.
The Network Administrator may provide helpdesk support and user training as needed. As with all members of the IT Department, this role will reinforce APP IT policies and meet the requirements of the APP Change Management System.
These activities may occur at any of APP’s permanent or temporary sites and may involve travel to those sites as required.
Essential Skills and Technical competencies:
- Scripting skills (Powershell, etc.)
- Switching and routing Infrastructure Automation
- Linux maintenance and administration
- Windows Server – all versions
- Firewall experience (any vendor)
- Security architecture and administration
- Technical writing skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Cloud (any vendor)
- Cloud deployment models and hybrid infrastructures
- SCCM experience – desirable
- VMware and SRM experience – desirable
- NetApp storage or equivalent – desirable
- Office365 experience – desirable
- SQL maintenance and administration – desirable
- Document Management platform experience – desirable
Experience and Knowledge
- Enterprise IT Consulting and/or Network Administration experience (5+ years)
- Infrastructure management and design
- Capacity modelling and planning
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Advanced certifications (CISSP, MCSE)
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline or relevant years’ experience
Life at APP is all about connection. If you are keen to join a team that work together to deliver outstanding results for their clients, create a great workplace, enrich their community and help each other grow then please apply below.