Design Manager - Sydney
APP is an integrated property and infrastructure consultancy offering services across all phases of the capital investment lifecycle – Strategy, Definition, Delivery and Transition.
With over 350 staff in 9 offices Nationwide our national business works on $24B of capital value for over 500 clients across more than 800 projects annually. Our engagements range from providing advice on small, niche assignments to the full spectrum of end-to-end services on major landmark projects, and everything in between. We have a dedicated, hard-working culture and a workforce that continues to deliver beyond expectations.
Working within the Infrastructure division of APP and due to continued growth in the infrastructure team this Design Manager role will be working on landmark road projects in NSW.
Reporting to the Infrastructure leads in Independent Certifier roles, this role will be instrumental in delivering current and upcoming projects. The Independent Certifier role reviews and certifies the compliance of the design and the constructed works for major projects.
- Manage the design review team to ensure reviewers are working within the scope of the role and delivering on time
- Coordinate the design review and certification process including input from client and stakeholders;
- Monitor the progress of the Independent Certifiers design review team inline with budget and program constraints
- Participate in Value management to achieve cost savings and efficiency;
- Facilitate the resolution of “difficult to close” issues raised during the design review process.
- Have a Civil or related tertiary qualification;
- Minimum 12 years design experience with exposure on major road projects
- Significant site experience and preferably some design experience;
- Knowledge of safety
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- A strong desire to work within a collaborative team environment.
In return, APP offers a diverse and team based environment where we create an inclusive, dynamic and collaborative organisation on some of the largest projects in Australia.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.