APP Corporation Response to COVID-19
To our clients and stakeholders:
We understand your interest in how we are responding to the evolving COVID-19 situation.
The key principles of our approach is to prioritise the health and wellbeing of our people, our clients, stakeholders and communities, and to take rational action which is informed by the expert medical advice of Australian Authorities and is commensurate to the risk.
In every decision we are considering the health and wellbeing aspects along with the consequences of our actions. We recognise that our actions can have an impact on stakeholder sentiment, the demands on our health system, the continuity of delivery of our services to our clients and the economy in general. We are conscious of the need for calm and confident leadership in a challenging time where there is significant uncertainty.
Our leadership team is monitoring the evolving situation and we have implemented the following preparations and precautionary measures:
- activated our Business Continuity Plan and Pandemic Preparation Plan;
- monitoring and implementing all relevant Australian Government recommendations; for example isolation and infection prevention measures such as good hygiene practices;
- while there are no planned shutdown periods or office closures, where possible and appropriate our people will increasingly be working from home and visiting office and sites where required;
- prepared with our systems for our people to work remotely from the office, increasing our use of Zoom video conferencing; we have cloud-based email and Project Management Information Systems, internet access for our internal finance and management systems.
- implementing a range of social distancing measures such as increased spacing in our offices, travelling in non-peak times, using video/audio conferencing where possible in lieu of face to face;
- ceased international business travel and non-essential domestic travel
- regularly providing information and briefings to our staff on the latest advice on individual precautions and how to manage impacts in our industry and its supply chain; and
- working with specific client directions and precautionary measures in their businesses.
APP remains operational. We are continuing to deliver our client services and responding to the emerging situation in a way that minimises disruption. This is a very high priority for us, second only to the health and wellbeing of our people, clients and communities. We are ready and able to continue to support you in the coming weeks and months as we confront together the challenges that lie ahead.
APP has a deep capability of talented people who are able to consult and manage complex and challenging situations. If there is anything we can do to help you manage the impacts or response to COVID-19 in your business, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your APP contact or myself.
Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you may have.