For primary and secondary schools, the focus is on delivering the best possible educational outcome for the funding available.
Because of the volume and geographical diversity of facilities, it can be difficult to adopt an efficient and cost-effective, centralised approach to procurement and operation. Schools are also increasingly expected to generate income streams from non-core operations.
Our strategic advice has helped clients to overcome these core challenges and deliver sustainable assets that balance the needs of all stakeholder groups.
- Arthur Phillip High School and Parramatta High School, Sydney
- Building the Education Revolution, Southern Metropolitan and Gippsland, VIC
- The Lakes Grammar School, Gosford NSW
- BER Catholic Education Office, Southern NSW
Tertiary education institutions and enterprises are driven to pursue excellence in their core business and to generate income streams from non-core operations.
APP applies strategic expertise to determine the business objectives for each owner or operator and progress these objectives into a proper scope for the delivery process. We provide comprehensive services across the full project lifecycle, supporting clients in all aspects of design and delivery, including the funding application process.
- Management Plan, Curtin University, WA
- Murdoch University, WA
- Nan Tien Institute, NSW
- NewSpace Campus, University of Newcastle, NSW
- Capital Works Program, University of Sydney
- University of Technology, Sydney
- Student Support Facilities, Queensland University of Technology
- School of Molecular Science, La Trobe University
We provide services for planning, design, construction and certification of laboratories in education research facilities. We’ve successfully delivered a broad range of laboratory types, including:
- PC1 and PC2
- Animal facilities
- Training spaces
We understand how laboratory facilities contribute to the success of research institutions and appreciate the need to future-proof laboratories to allow flexibility and adaptability in the long term.
We are experienced in delivering facilities within stringent operational conditions, often in live environments. Our expertise also extends to the certification process associated with laboratory development, including:
- Physical Containment (PC)
- The Therapeutic Goods Act (TGA)
- Quarantine Approved Premises (QAP)
- Australian Quarantine Inspection Services (AQIS)
- The University of Sydney:
- PC2 Teaching Lab, Charles Perkins Centre
- Various animal facilities, Charles Perkins Centre
- Various research labs, Brain and Mind Centre (formerly BMRI)
- Ken Parker Laboratories
- Harry Butler Research Centre, WA
- Faculty of Science, University of Technology, Sydney
- Hunter Medical Research Institute, Newcastle
- Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Macquarie University
- Blood testing and sampling lab, Australian Red Cross Blood Service
- Master planning and planning approvals
- Strategic development advice
- Scoping and project definition
- Precinct development management
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Business case preparation to secure funding
- Design management
- Project management and delivery services
- Certification management