APP is pleased to announce our appointment to two major Defence panels, PMCA (Project Management and Contract Administration) and IBC services (Initial Business Case).
Commencing in January 2017, each panel engagement runs for a minimum five years and is for national services. APP joins up to 14 other organisations on each panel, all of whom were selected from a public tender that resulted in hundreds of organisations providing a response. The PMCA Panel will include tenders for Army, RAAF and Navy projects ranging in size from $20M to over $500M. As a panel member APP will be invited to tender for individual Defence projects and provide a range of services depending on the requirements for each project.
Mark Coyte, APP’s Project Director who coordinated each Defence bid, is looking forward to working with Defence in his role as Panel Manager. “We’re ready to bring the best of our national capability to add value for Defence. We have a designated Defence lead in each office, supported by me and a National APP team. We're well positioned with the recent experiences of Carlo Bellinato, Ron Aquilina and the HMAS Albatross team, together with specialists such as Tony Mackay from Adelaide and Richard Tanzer. Richard was formerly Deputy Director General Capital Facilities and Infrastructure inside the client’s organisation.”
As a national organisation, APP also met a key need for Defence. Mark Coyte says: “We’re large enough to service all projects nationally and also work on multiple projects concurrently, which is important for Defence”.
IBC Panel function:
- Deliver an Initial Business Case (IBC) that achieves first pass government approval
- Engage with stakeholders and examine the risks and technical design considerations
- Engage and coordinate subconsultants such as cost planning, architectural and services engineering
- Develop schemes and a P50 cost plan for the options and prepare the IBC according to the Department of Finance conditions
PMCA Panel function:
- Acting as Defence's representative, manage and coordinate the project stakeholders, consultants and building contractors
- Administer the various project contracts
- Manage the program providing project leadership through the phases of procurement, feasibility, detailed business case, government approvals, design development, construction and handover.